Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Laugh


About a week ago my sister and I took a quick trip to the Gilgal Sculpture Garden, just off 7th East and 500 South in Salt Lake City.  After taking a few shots of the bizarro assortment of LDS doctrine-meets-eccentric-sculptor artifacts, I talked my sister into posing for a few test portraits.  I wanted to see if I could get anything out of my camera's 6 shot-per-second advertised frame rate, so I told her to head-bang a bit.

The shot above is the result.

I was really happy with the sharpness and the energy that comes from her hair flying all over the place, but what I like best about this picture is how perfectly it captures her personality.  Anyone who knows my sister knows she comes with a striking, happy laugh, and in my opinion, this portrait captures that energy perfectly.

1 comment: