Monday, January 4, 2010

My Friend the Costume Designer

My friend Melonie is a professional costume designer.  She specializes in costumes from the 19th Century (I think...I'm not all that up on the whole fashion thing), and is pretty good at her job, as you can see below.  Last fall she asked me to take a few pictures of her favorites to use in her portfolio.  I learned a couple of things from the ensuing shoots:

1. It's easy to get nice shots when you have quality subject matter (and nice diffused lighting).
2. I'm really, really glad I'm not a woman from the 19th Century.  It would take me all day to figure out how to dress myself.  Then I would cringe and say, "that hurts," then have to start getting ready for bed.




 

 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. OoOoOoH! FUN! Lookin good, Josh ...and Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete